The history of the Billecart-Salmon house dates back to the beginning of the 19th century in the village of Mareuil-sur-Aÿ near Épernay. In 1818, the young couple, Nicolas-Francois Billecart and Elisabeth Salmon, decided to create their own Champagne house. Seven generations followed in their footsteps. The house currently cultivates about 30 hectares and buys most of their remaining grapes from grand and premier cru parcels. Their founding principles remain unchanged to this day, finesse, balance and elegance.